Volunteering for KRUA can sound daunting; however, there are some pretty sweet opportunities for you. Plus, hanging out at a college radio station is fun! For example….
- You can have your own radio show!
- Become a bigger part of your UAA community
- Radio is a chance for you to share your passions with UAA, Anchorage, and the world
- Free access to hordes of new and different music
- A chance to explore a field outside of your major
- Annual scholarship opportunities for our student volunteers
- KRUA staff and volunteers are some of the best people out there!
What can you do at KRUA?
Volunteering can include, but is not limited to:
- Screening music for rotation
- Hosting a live or pre-recorded show
- Production work
- Assisting with promotional events
- Assisting our news team
- Telecasting live UAA sports events
No experience necessary!
Absolutely none. Regardless of your skill in radio, broadcasting, or communications, KRUA will train you for any position that you may be interested in. Our staff is here specifically for you, and we enjoy training the future of the KRUA family.
Who can volunteer at KRUA?
Any student enrolled in 3 or more credits with a GPA of more than 2.0 is welcome! Community and Alumni members are encouraged to volunteer as well (there will be a modest fee to cover several station and University costs).
What kind of time commitment is involved?
We try to be as flexible as possible, and can work with your schedule. A DJ may be in the studio for an average of three hours to produce their weekly show, but promotional event volunteers may only be needed a handful of times per semester.
How do I get trained?
Initial volunteer training is approximately 5 hours in total, distributed over 5 sessions. We are flexible in our training hours, and can work with busy schedules.
Fill out the Application!
You can download and fill out our volunteer application here:
When you are ready to turn it in, bring it to the UAA Professional Studies Building, room 254.