Song Retrieval

song-retrieval-page

Did you just hear an amazing new song on the radio, and have a burning desire to know what it was? Let us know the time and date of the song(s) and any lyrics you may remember. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible! Please keep in mind that we are usually not able to give details about music played 10+ days ago.

348 COMMENTS
  • Joel

What was the song played just before Kevin Krauter – Diamonds just before 7pm on the 11th? Thanks.

1. Jeanette Sweetman

That was Parachute by Spaceface!

• streets

you think you know me but thats somebody else you call me up when you need a friend and i spend the night with you i see you standing there with that bleeding heart i felt it in my heart and my bones

8:30 pm
    on this night
    ?

1. Jeanette Sweetman

That was Bleeding Heart by the Dig

• KRUA fan

What song was playing at 6:55pm on February 3rd? It played just before “6th and 34th” by Wolfside. I couldn’t quite make out the lyrics, but I think one may be “I don’t need to breathe I just think back on times before”.

1. Jeanette Sweetman

That was Geographically Opposed by Pick a Piper!

• Sophia

Hey! I heard this really awesome song today that i NEEDED to hear at exactly the right moment. The lyrics go “Baby you were born different, neglected my own health, too afraid to ask for help, my friends are my only health, nobody does it on their own.” It was right around 11:15 am! I would love to know what this song was so I can buy it please!! Thank you!

1. Sophia

Hey! I heard this really awesome song today that i NEEDED to hear at exactly the right moment. The lyrics go “Baby you were born different, neglected my own health, too afraid to ask for help, my friends are my only health, nobody does it on their own.” It was right around 11:15 am 1/29/17! I would love to know what this song was so I can buy it please!! Thank you!

***My friends are my only wealth***

1. Jeanette Sweetman

That was Black Jack by Dude York!

• Tai

There was a song played around 5:30 on Jan 26th with lyrics something like ” sister sliding in her socks brother lost his job” I can’t seem to find it anywhere!

1. Jeanette Sweetman

Found it,that was The Glow by Matt Pond PA.

• blake

This morning around 6:42-7am. Relaxing male voice. Only words I can recall are “we weren’t ?????” and he said it twice in a row.
    Thanks in advance!

1. Jeanette Sweetman

As far as relaxing voices go, that might have been Little Bubble by the Dirty Projectors

Or Dirty Looks by Matt Pond PA, which I can’t find a link for!

1. blake

It played again today around 4:25PM. I told myself to look it up when I got home but forgot. Haha. And now all I can remember is his singing a chorus of “This is ??????” 3 times in row.

2. Jeanette Sweetman

We’re not seeing anything on the logs that matches that description, unless it is either of these (Psychic Twin or The Radio Dept).

Next time you hear it, I’d recommend taking a look at our web player, which shows the current song playing!

3. blake

It was The Radio Dept.
        Thank you so much!!!

• GV

There was a song on around 9:30am on Thursday (5 Jan) morning. Male vocalist. Part of the chrorus is “…how you say what you say…how you do what you do….”. Wish I had more, but that’s all I remember other than singing those lines the rest of the day.

1. GV

I figured it out… It’s Hoots & Hellmouth – Diction. Love, love, love that song. ❤️

• mel d

Looking for the name/artist of a song about Laura or Lora… heard it around 2:40 p.m. on Sunday, December 11.
    Thanks!

1. James Kendall

Hey Mel D,

That was “Laura” by the Vaudeville Smash! One of my favorite tracks I’ve found working here at KRUA.

Checkout the awesome music video for it here, complete with dramatic flute playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m52nErKBhkw

• Matt

Today on Elliott’s show, the third-to-last song, around 4:55 maybe. I can’t remember a single unique lyric from it right now… I remember he called it “dense”

1. James Kendall

Hey Matt,

The last three songs he played in order were, “Boogie Man” by John Givez, “UNI” by Ed Sheeran, and “6 Foot 7 Foot” by Lil Wayne. Hope this helps!

• Max

There was a song on this morning around 6:30 or so, it was a female singer with a melodic background. Imagine if Crystal Castles had more melody and calm to them. Unfortunately the only lyric I can remember is something along the lines of “sing through the night to you” or something like that. It seemed to be a girl talking about a boy maybe? I can’t find anything online and would LOVE to add it to my hiking playlist. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

1. James Kendall

Hey Max, that was probably “Dear Enemy” by Night Club. If not, let me know, I’ll do some more digging!

• Josiah

Around 8:30-9:00 11/6/16 kind of an old school r&b sound with female vocals. I think lyrics were your so strange boy or something like that. Cool song, would love to know the artist.

1. Jeanette Sweetman

That was Strange Boy by The Shacks!

Thanks for listening 🙂

• james

There was a song playing 10-24-16 between 0630 and 0730 that sounded like an alternative rock song maybe similar to “helicopter helicopter”… don’t remember any of the lyrics. Maybe if I could get a list of songs played during that time? Thanks!!!

1. KRUA Web Genie

Just because that is a big chunk of time, here are the alt-rock songs that played during that hour:

Human Performance – Parquet Courts
      Outside – Parquet Courts
      One Of Us – Dawes
      Let’s Relate – Of Montreal
      All We Ever Knew – The Head and the Heart
      Rebel Heart – The Shelters

1. james

it was rebel heart…thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

• Estie Dawson

Okay, so the song was on October 14th maybe around 4:00 p.m. All I remember now is it said “America” quite a bit during the chorus. Sorry, I know that’s super vague…

Thank you so much & for playing awesome music.

1. Jeanette Sweetman

The only mention of America I could find around that time was Untitled 08 by Kendrick Lamar. If we find anything else we’ll keep you posted. Thanks for listening!

• SRJ

Today, at about 10:28-29. No vocals, sounded like big band remixed. Shazam let me down 🙁

1. Jeanette Sweetman

That was Boolean Sisters by Peggy Suave.

DJ Antimony’s show will be on the schedule soon, she spins some great electroswing!

• Cecil

It was a brooding instrumental song playing between 2:40-2:47 or so yesterday (10/5/16)… Had a Dark Ambient vibe with abstract female vocals. There was a host speaking prior to the song, but I couldn’t make out what he was saying.

Thanks!

1. KRUA Web Genie

That was Sleep Party People with I’m Not Human At All.

1. Cecil

You’re amazing, thank you! With how popular the song seems to be, I wonder why Shazam didn’t pick it up… suppose the static was too heavy.

2. KRUA Web Genie

Remember you can always tune in on the website! 🙂

• Sophia and Charli

There was a song at around 5:30 p.m. yesterday 10/1/16 that has an old time barbershop type quartet of guys singing and then the sample turned into a cool electro beat. Any help on finding out who this is by would be great! Thanks!

1. Jeanette Sweetman

Looks like that was Nanä by Polo & Pan!
      Thanks for tuning in 🙂

• D.

song played BEFORE Way Down We Go (Stripped) Kaleo? approx. 8:25pm Sunday 9/25… Cheers

1. Jeanette Sweetman

That was either Good Grief by Bastille or Let’s Relate by Of Montreal.

Thanks for listening!

• Irene

9/20/16 @ 12:15 or so – I think the title was “We All Need Something”, but I missed the band name.
    Thanks!

1. KRUA Web Genie

That was We All Need Something by Bedroom. Thanks for tuning in!

• Liard

Before 7pm there was a song today (8/31) sung by a man and the chorus sais something about “there are tricks when you’re spinning a yarn” “twisting truths and fiction”. I also really liked the song immediately after that. Thanks you guys rock!

• Airic Lopez

Songs played 1120-1132am?
    DJ? When do they play music on KRUA?

1. Airic Lopez

Saturday, 8/27 today

1. Airic Lopez

Anybody? Was the computer who did it?

2. Jeanette Sweetman

I wish I knew, friend

• Mauro Gutierrez Jr.

It was today (08-20-2016) At 10:37 AM with lyrics of a older boy saying “I can feel it… I feel it” & A girl saying something I couldn’t really hear. It was Kinda like Trap Electric Jazz mix??? Please Contact me ASAP Please & Good bye.

1. Josh Bezona

That was Fade by Kanye West. Thanks for listening!

• Steve

8/12/16 @ 5:30PM and 6:10PM

• Cooper Kelpie

Would love your listeners to hear this superstar from Australia.Two hits so far and he will be a superstar.” Coming Back went Gold and this is Dean Ray Music latest “https://youtu.be/tn7jKxnzefI

• Robert

Song iam looking for fantastic guitar playing girl singer between 6am and am Saturday morning july30

• Bobbi Wilson

7/29 5:00 to 5:34 what songs were playing? Looking for two. One was like psychy pop the other one kind of mellow trip hoppy ambient

• Samantha Rodriguez

Song played between 4-4:30 today (7/04). Reggae-ish, indie style. I can’t really remember an actual line of the song but something about ‘stronger than I thought I was’ maybe. :-/ Anyway, Thanks for your help!

• Kyung

The song was playing around 8:22 in the morning on wednesday 06/29. The lyrics kind of goes like “j am coming for you. I still go along for you. I am calling out for you” something like that.
    I really wanna know this song. Help me out please!

• Mauro Gutierrez Jr.

Ok I’ve been wanting to find & listen to a techohop song with the voice of a girl saying “Some times I lose my M n d”.. Its Also i believe related to another song where they Boy & girl sing about getting “High” Like a love song or something like that Both are Tech hop kind of sound. Can you please help me with this????

• Tristen

it was a song that played sometime between 5:30am-6:30ish and the lyrics were like:hey spaceman are you ever coming home, hey spaceman.

thanks

• paul

song ended about 10:30 on 6-16-16. female singer.

1. Wright Franklin

Hi Paul,

The song is either Free by Broods or Valley Clouds by Sam Beam and Jesca Hoop.

Thanks for listening to KRUA!

1. paul

thx, it was Free.

• Stephen Grabacki

Great song on Saturday 6/11. Lyrics said something about: “God gave you hands to build your own boat, God gave you feet to find your way home … sing the songs that you like singing” Any ideas on its title & artist?

BTW, KRUA reminds me of my own show (Freak’s Flying Circus) on a US Navy station back in the 1970s. It was a great experience for me, and I’m sure that KRUA DJs value their air time. Keep up the fine work.

1. Wright Franklin

Hey Stephen,

The song is To the Great Unknown by Cloud Cult.

Thanks so much for the kind words! We appreciate the listen. (:

1. Stephen Grabacki

TYVM!

• Theodore Lang

Song was on at 5. :55 on 6-6-16.
    Thanks. Something like ” isn’t it a shame. ..”

• Jed

The only lyrics I recall are “I want to live in a modern world”. Sung by some women. About 8:10 pm or so, Sunday evening.

1. Michael Stormo

Hey Jed,

I believe this is the song that you’re looking for!

Modern World by Future Elevators

• Jasmine

On 5/27/16 I heard a song at around maybe 6:00-ish with lyrics like “I’m in love with a monster and I don’t know why”. I’ve been trying to find the song but I just can’t!

1. Michael Stormo

Hi Jasmine!

I’m unable to track down the exact song you’re looking for based on that information, but here is a list of tracks that played within 15 minutes of 6PM on May 27th:

Tennis – Dimming Light
      Romes – When The Night Comes
      The Raveonettes – Sisters
      Hippie Sabatoge – Your Soul
      Miike Snow – Heart is Full
      Exmagician – Plan Retrieval

Hope this helps.

• Rob B.

This is ridiculous; DJs keep logs of the tracks you play during your sets, then post that on the site (text ideally). Or use the station’s Twitter acct – or your own – to breakdown your playlists. It’s radio DJ house-keeping / we all do it .. thanks.

1. Michael Stormo

We’re a student-run radio station and operate via automation during hours which there are no shows (which you can find on our Broadcast Schedule page), and as such there isn’t someone at the station at all times to cater to your requests. We are in the process of switching to a new webstreaming service that includes a song log. Thanks for your concern.

• pete

what rap song was playing this morning 5/24 at 7:48 am? think i’ve heard it before…

1. Michael Stormo

Shaheed and DJ Supreme – Right Now

Thanks for listening!

• Samantha Longacre

Played at about 8:15pm Wednesday 5/18. I’ve heard it a couple times but can’t find the title/artist on the internet, please help 🙂
    “my dear friends have been waiting for far to long for my return from this cycle of high highs and low lows”

Thanks!

1. Michael Stormo

Hi Samantha!

I think you’re looking for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiRo5EUYIU8

-Michael

• Thomas Alley

Just heard a song at about 7:55 am on 5/11/2016. It was a hip hop song with these lyrics in it: “you just bout a brand new mclaren”.

I can’t find this song. Please help!!!!

1. Michael Stormo

Hi Thomas, so sorry for the delay. Our logs showed no record of any songs playing at that time (but evidently one did as you heard it). Luckily, I know that one by heart! You’re looking for Kendrick Lamar – “untitled 02” off of his recent release “untitled unmastered”. The lyric is “Q just bought a brand new McLaren”.

Thanks for listening!

-Michael

• Ed K.

I heard an electronic sounding song on Sunday May 8, 2016 at 2:30 pm. It had few if any words, as I remember. Can you list a few of the songs from that time so I can figure out which one it was? Thank you!

• Ethan

Can you take “Forever Young” off loop? Assholes.

1. Krua Volunteer

its off loop! idk who did that sorry! thanks for listening

2. KRUA 88.1 FM

So many adventures couldn’t happen today
      So many songs that we forgot to play
      So many dreams swinging out of the blue
      The language isn’t needed, but for your comment we thank you.

1. Mauro Gutierrez Jr.

Awe

3. Mauro Gutierrez Jr.

Hahaha, I remember this. Dude for like hours. I was like, I think they forgot to deselect the repeat button. HAHA

• O

Girl voice Saying “Some times I lose… M?” “My mind?”… Played a few times late march early april… Techno electronic dubstep, pop… R&B… Now they is a new song which sounds like the same artist She says “Ill get you high” or something like that with a boy being FT…???? The first song I stated though thats the one im looking for If not just the artist…???

• Daniel

6 30 pm Tuesday May 3rd. Amazing song. Don’t know what it was. It was electronic with no lyrics.

• Cucclord

Sunday April 24 at about 10am. There were 3 songs. First one was some jazz/funk, then a poppy song followed by electronic. If I could get those song names that’d be awesome. You guys fucking rock.

1. Greg Volunteer

There is a lot of stuff on the spotify shuffle so it’s pretty hard to tell exactly what’s playing
      Here are the best guesses i can give you.
      Jazz/Funk Artist name -Mezzo Forte OR it could be Jeff Lorber OR Victor Wooten
      Poppy song-I have no idea
      Electronic-Please be more specific here, there are alot of electronic songs on there!
      Thanks for listening!

• Billy Bob Thorton

Good beat, awesome jazzy sort of instruments, lady singing. Came on right after a discussion about interviews for online daters or something, around 2:50 pm I would guess. 4/21/2016

• Kay Cooper

Some time the Week of December 6th 2015 between 4:45 to 5:15. Something about “You should have been there…. crashing on your couch….” then maybe something like heartbroken heartbroken heartbroken heart broke.

• Michael Farahjoood

There was a guitar shredding like no other with a groovy kind of beat for a solid 2 or 3 min…I caught the end of it but there were some “la la la” for the only lyrics I heard then it cut out to like lennon for like couple seconds but the next song was Bob marley buffalo soldier dub mix…it was around 11am today! Saturday 4/16 Thanks for your help!!

1. Krua Volunteer

It may have been Mezzo Forte-Expressway

• Thornton Garcia

heard awesome song with chorus seeming to say “im feeling again” on april 8 at about 9:40

yes please

also on april 7 heard a song seeming to say “i feel alive and I am healing slowly” sometime in afternoon about 2 pm

any info appreciated!

• Kirk Rose

thursday, 3/31/16 9:10 am(ish)
    “I don’t require you to step outside your skin”?

• Joel

Joel again. What song was played around 12:00 very drum intensive and was right before American Dream, American guest? Played today March 16 at around 12:00

1. Greg

Hey Joel, I volunteer at the station and right now our automated playlist is not on air due to technical difficulties. So we have a big Spotify playlist on shuffle. Unfortunately there is currently no conclusive way for us to tell you exactly what you heard at any given time. The best I can do is a screenshot of the playlist or an html file. Thanks for listening!

• Peter

looking for a song, a male voice says “baby, this here is” followed by a female voice saying something that sounds like “honey”