Song Retrieval

song-retrieval-page

Did you just hear an amazing new song on the radio, and have a burning desire to know what it was? Let us know the time and date of the song(s) and any lyrics you may remember. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible! Please keep in mind that we are usually not able to give details about music played 10+ days ago.

349 COMMENTS
  • taugenx

What, no playlist? How dare you!

• Jc

Male Japanese Jazz pianist from 60’s.
    Dj called it spokey.
    Thursday 3:30 ish

I would love to know his name

1. Jc

Spooky!!!

• Jaz

I heard a song on Feb 27th, 2016 at around 7:44PM, I really liked it and didn’t catch any lyrics 🙁 could I get any names of songs played around that time? Thanks so much!

• Max

I don’t remember any lyrics, but I am hoping to learn the name of the song that started playing before 3:00pm on Feb. 22. The song was very relaxed and had nice background lyrics humming throughout the song. Thanks for any help, carry on KRUA.

• Arlo

2.17.2016 around 4:25pm. Male singer, hip hop sort of beat, “wonderful, wonderful love. Oh my god joy, wonderful people” I’ve heard it a few time on the best radio station in Anchorage, but can never find it! It my jams.

• Melissa

Friday 2/12, 10: 28pm, lyrics=sunshine

• Alex

Song JUST ended [8:05 pm 2/7/2016] sounded like a remix of the Eleventh Doctor Who Theme.

• JJ

Who sings that one,

“I’m just a body in your bag.”

• Daniel

Song that was just played around 10:35, 10:40 ish. It had a female singer, sounded like she saying ” run to hell baby” over and over.

• Hope

The song was at around 9:05pm on Friday the 29th. It was played two songs before Janelle Monae’s “Tightrope.” Lyrics I remember:

“but there’s tricks when you’re spinning a yarn”
    something about “weave fact and fiction”

• Arlo

1.26.2016 about 12:25pm. Slow kind a song about wonderful, beautiful people. What was that? Who was that? It was sweet like butta.

• Apryl

Just heard a song… (1-22-16) around 7:34 am… Male singer. Couldn’t understand everything he was saying…. Only caught.. “It was more than she could take…”

• Marcia L. Heer

Hello,

I heard a song the morning of January 20, 2016, around 10:00-11:00 am and it was something about dogs in the lyrics and the name of the band name was an easy one to remember, maybe just two words, but I forgot. If you can let me know the name of the band and song, that would be great! The type of music was mellow, alternative. I just love the song! Thanks! Marcia.

• Apryl

There are soooo many songs you play that I am interested in!… Wouldn’t it be easier on everyone if you guys just posted playlists??

1. Marcia L. Heer

Oh, I think I found it. The Truth, by Doctor Dog! Yah!

• Brian

Howdy,

At 1:25 of 1/9/16 a song with the chorus of something like “Take from the end (edge?) and take to the street” was played. I can’t find the title by using the lyrics and it’s driving me crazy! What song was it?

• Gordon

Date: 1/7/16
    Time: between 3:00pm and 3:30pm
    There were two songs played between these times which i would really appreciate having the names of, google has turned up nothing so far. one of them played approximately at 3:20 and had lyrics such as “no turning back” and “i don’t want to die without feeling…” sung by a female, had a chill r&b sort of feel to it. the other song was played two songs prior to the above mentioned song, sung by what sounded like a guy, and although i liked it a lot i can’t remember specific lyrics to it any longer. I hope that is enough information, thank you!

• Apryl

I keep hearing this slow electronic type song… I can’t think of any of the lyrics atm (sorry) but I swear EVERYTIME I hear it it sounds like a song by Alt-J

• Ed

What was the electronic sounding song at 10:55 am on December 27? (It played right before the song with “Needle in a Haystack” lyrics).

• Chris

Date: 12/25/2015 (Christmas Day)
    Time: 5:51 am
    Sond didnt have lyrics

• Ashley

There were two songs this morning around 8:30am I was trying to find here are a couple of the lyrics…

“I just want to take care of you honey”
    sounded like …”speak or hold your tongue”

Thanks!

1. Ashley

Ok the second song was Darkstar- Stoke the Fire so still trying to find the song played before that. Thanks!

• Joanna

Hello, what songs were you playing at 0534 this morning? The first one was a duet between a male and female. The second is a rather eerie yet beautiful instrumental peice.

• Mercedes

You guys played a song this fall the lyrics were ‘I’ve got a trick up my sleeve you think I’m going to quit’

• Joel

Song played at 8:00-8:05 pm today Friday December 11. It played right before the sufjan Stevens song

• Jordan

Hey, my four year old is looking for a hobby. Are you hiring?

• Jordan

Where are you at? This is a whole lot of people interested in what you are doing and no response. You are dissapointing us all. November 3rd is the last time you responded. Weak sauce.

• nic

lyrics go… deep esctatic darkest magic… birth was tragic. I think around 8am dec 7

• David Eby

What is the group that was playing on Dec. 5 @ 10:30 am? Thanks!

• Daniel N

I heard a song around 5:15 today Dec 1. It was an instrumental electronic song with an ambiance and after party feel. Do you know what songs it was?

1. Greg

Possibly, I Dj’d that day at that time contact my email gregfinley@protonmail.ch and i will send you a track list

2. Greg

ok nevermind here is a list of all the songs i played starting from 5pm to 7pm december 1st
      Hopefully you find it, good luck!

Boards of Canada – Dandelion (01:15)
      four tet-glue of the world ( 2:51)
      Prefuse 73 – For Some But Not for Me ( 1:28)
      little people – 04 little people – fisticuffs at dawn (full version).mp3 (06:14)
      Gold Panda – Marriage (Baths Remix) HD ( 4:18)
      Catastrophe And The Cure (Four Tet Mix) ( 5: 1)
      Hudson Mowhawke – Overnight ( 2:36)
      James Blake – Love What Happened Here – YouTube ( 5:35)
      vordhosbn ( 2:33)
      Death Cab For Cutie – 06 Blacking Out The Friction.mp3 (03:27)
      Zero 7 – 08 In The Waiting Line.mp3 (04:32)
      Mount Kimbie – Bave s Chords ( 3:32)
      Burial – 02. Shell of Light (Shlohmo Remix).mp3 (04:57)
      Bonobo – 01.Bonobo – Prelude (Lapalux’s Finger On The Tape Remix).mp3 (04:18)
      Bonobo – 05 – Ketto.mp3 (05:06)
      Flying Lotus – colemans groove . ft. Andreya Triana and Niki Randa .mp3 (01:25)
      Mux_Mool_-_Valley_Girls ( 4:14)
      Disclosure – 05. I Love… That You Know.mp3 (04:33)
      J Dilla – Ahmad Impresses Me (Instrumental) – YouTube ( 1:39)
      The Mercury Program – 01 – The Secret to Quiet.mp3 (03:58)
      Gold Panda – 07.Gold Panda – Lonely Owl.mp3 (04:17)
      Flying Lotus – 03 Bad Actors.mp3 (01:28)
      1032 – 1032_Blue Little.mp3 (04:32)
      The Algorithm – Continuity ( 4:11)
      Shlohmo-Ghosts.wav ( 5:12)
      Nujabes feat. Shing02 – 01 battlecry [Nujabes feat.Shing02].mp3 (03:22)
      Guitar – 7 – Akiko.mp3 (03:59)
      MF Doom – 16-Eucalyptus.mp3 (02:44)
      Dream Theater – Hell’s Kitchen.mp3 ( 4:22)
      Shigeto – 04 So So Lovely.m4a (02:43)
      Tennyson – Tennyson – With You.mp3 (03:34)

• Cassi

Heard a female artist with lyrics something like, “sent her back to soil” Nov. 30 around 5:10 pm… Can you please help?!

• Aaron C

I heard it btw 1050 and 11pm on 27 november. In the lyrics, the female singer says “just let me go”. It is sort of a subdued dance club song style.

Thanks!

• Micah

The song was played around 5:58 pm 24 November 2015. Female lead singer, something like “took too long…” Can’t find it anywhere.

• Cleo

Hi! Just wondering what the song you played on 10/24/15 right before 4 o clock was. Kind of trippy with a female lead. Thanks!

• Aaron

11/21/2015
    Song ended at 9:08pm.
    Techno-like in nature with lots of distortion.

Thanks!

• Isabelle

It was played 11/20/2015 at 4:32. Something about a body in a bed and it was rad. Thanks!

• Will Thompson

Hey folks,
    So, I’m wondering if you still have a copy of Disastronauts playing cover of Devo’s “Whip It” . . . was local band in early 90s and get a lot of coverage back in the original music heyday in Anchorage.

• Irene

My shazaam says Armin Von Buuren featuring CImo Frankel = Strong Ones. Correct? It was around 1:30 today.

• mark

song played today Nov 12 at approx 4:25pm to 4:30, female singer, 88.1 fm

• David

Love to know the song you played about 4:16pm on Wednesday, November 11. Female singer w piano – she had a trippy but awesome voice

• Janessa

Hi! Can you let me know what songs you were playing from 10:30pm until about 11pm? Excellent playlist!!!:)

• pete

great set of music this morning (11/3)….please provide a playlist for 7:30 -8:00…so many great songs, glad you changed your loop again…

1. KRUA Music Manager

We’ve been working hard to bring you new music constantly, very glad you’re enjoying it. Here’s the playlist from this morning:

“Sounds Like A Party” by Lettuce
      “Surf’s Up… Nevermind” by Fever The Ghost
      “The Law” by Editors
      “Salt” by Alex G
      “Stones” by Little Fevers
      “Lesson Learned The Hard Way” by Death By Unga Bunga
      “Fener” by Beirut
      “Buried On A Mountain” by Best Behavior
      “Sed Knife” by U.S. Girls

Thank you for listening and enjoying our station!

1. Jordan

Hello? Are you there?

• Ed K.

I heard a song at 8:13 pm on October 26 (Monday) that sounded like “Maybe you’re the one” (repeated three times). The lyrics were hard to hear. Do you know what song that was? Thanks.

1. KRUA Music Manager

“The One” by Public Image LTD. Enjoy!

• Jordan

I keep hearing a song with the chorus “maybe I, maybe I…” What is the name of this fantastic song?

1. Jordan

found it. Glint. While you sleep.

• Lina Shadrach

What’s the song that plays frequently (and did on Oct 22nd at about 11:10) that has a female singer, and I’m pretty sure she says “I want to make it spin, I want to make it sp-i-i-in” a lot. The melody and beat of the song changes several times throughout the song, and it’s got a poppy upbeat vibe. Hope this description is enough!

1. pete

Jesse Jones “I want too make it spin”

• Bee

This time I really did get the lyrics right but searching for them doesn’t turn up anything. The song played around or just before 12:22pm today and the guitar was really excellent, male singer, some of the lyrics I caught were “look at me what I’ve done,” thanks in advance! <3

• Megan

Hey, I heard a song I liked today (10/16) between 2 and 2:30 pm that had a male singer and had the lines “i am a werewolf; they call me monster.” I can’t find it anywhere, and it’s stuck in my head like crazy.

• Bee

There was a song today at about 3:55-3:57pm, some kind of punk with a male singer and rad guitar, kind of hard to understand. I thought I had the lyrics but I can’t find anything online, maybe there was something in there about a monkey hand? At the end I swear he said something like “from the heart, enjoy the sharks” ??

1. Taylor Hodges

“Manchac” by Donovan Wolfington. Rad guitar indeed, enjoy.

• Eric Judge

Just wanted to know who the artist of the amazing song that ended at approximately 5:20 PM Sunday night. Last lines in the song, “I’m in love. I’m in love.” Thanks!

1. Taylor Hodges

“West Coast” by Lana del Rey. I hope this helps!

1. Eric Judge

Thank you thats it!

• V

Hi, I’ve heard this song play a couple times but most recently Sept 28 ~8:15. It has a female singer, the lyrics include her saying “Run as fast as you can. I want to make it spin. I want to make it spinnnn”. Thank you so much!

1. Taylor Hodges

“Make It Spin” by Jessie Jones. Enjoy!

• Michael Patterson

The song before the one playing now(12:38pm woman singing in Spanish) it sounded like hip hop and the singer says take it away joey(johnny) and then breaks out in a guitar solo.

1. KRUA Music Manager

“Where’s the Party At?” by Nick de la Hoyde. Good album, and thanks for listening to KRUA!