Song Retrieval

song-retrieval-page

Did you just hear an amazing new song on the radio, and have a burning desire to know what it was? Let us know the time and date of the song(s) and any lyrics you may remember. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible! Please keep in mind that we are usually not able to give details about music played 10+ days ago.

349 COMMENTS
  • Morie

Me again 🙂

I heard the dreamy song again this morning about 11:25 lyric; Could you ever believe. I really want to know…. I really want to know. Female vocalist.
    Any ideas?

Thanks!

1. KRUA Music Manager

“Beyond Love” by Beach House. Enjoy!

• Sarah Burtner

Hey! Heard a great song today, 9/23/15, around 8:20 a.m., ending around 8:23. Hard to recall, but it was electronic, possibly club/dance, possibly some rap. Didn’t catch any lyrics… Can you give me a few possibilities?

Thanks so much! I was getting in my car and couldn’t get Shazam up in time. 😉

Sarah

1. KRUA Music Manager

Hi Sarah. Unfortunately none of the songs that played around 8:20am on Sept 23 really match your description. The three songs that played around that time were:
      “Let it Happen (Radio Edit)” by Tame Impala
      “Don’t Look Down” by The Fresh & Onlys
      “Archer on the Beach” by Destroyer

Hope this helps!

• Courtney jochens

Hey I think it was about 10:15 on 9/22/2015 and the lyrics were: “Saving all you can I tried to love your family I cannot win I cannot win you were my best friend.” that’s all I got. I was driving. Thank you:)

1. KRUA Music Manager

“When I Was A Child” by Valley Maker, very emotional song. It’s a song off the brand new album, hope you enjoy it!

• Kevin menkens

Folk song with Marylin Manson in the lyrics also ended with ” and I dont even know the words to that song louie lou i”. 9/22 1430 ish?

1. KRUA Music Manager

Hi Kevin, I tried to match the lyrics but didn’t have any success. The songs that played around 2:30pm on September 22nd were

“The Same Man” by Dan Sultan
      “Shadows Passed” by Elephant Revival
      “Sham King” by Meat Wave

Hope this helps!

• Karena Sandvik

What song was playing on 9/22 around 10:40? “Drunk Girls” played 2 songs after it. Lyrics were ” when you run I’ll yell your name like Harvard Square” something about holding lips….

1. KRUA Music Manager

“Insister” by Tapes’ N Tapes! Hope this helps.

1. Karena Sandvik

WOOHOO!!!!! That’s the one!!! Thanks!!

• Morie

Hey! Heard a song around 8:10 this morning 9/17.
    Dreamy femal vocals, melancholy, lyric might be;
    ” the first thing is saw before they turned off all the lights”

Please help!

Thanks

1. KRUA Music Manager

Hey Morie. I *think* you’re looking for “Samundar” by L’anarchiste. I’m not positive on the lyrics, but it’s definitely dreamy and melancholy. If that’s not it, feel free to ask again.

1. Morie

Hey
        Thanks for the recon. That’s not the song I was looking for, however I like it! Any way to find out the two or three songs played that day on either side?

Thanks!

• cindy

Looking for a couple of songs played near 7:00am this morning, Wednesday, 9/16. Tried to SoundHound but didn’t find a match. Could you supply me with a list starting at 7:00am or a few minutes earlier and the next five or six songs?

Thanks,

Oh and by the way, liked it better when you had a play list to peruse. How come you don’t have it anymore?

1. Taylor Hodges

Hi Cindy. We’re working on reestablishing some type of playlist that you can use, unfortunately it’s not working at the moment. But, hopefully we can find the song you’re looking for! Starting at 6:55am:

“Fake Palindromes” by Andrew Bird
      “La La La” by Sam Smith
      “Fake A Smile” by Sticky Fingers
      “Point Breeze” by El Ten Eleven
      “Baila Negra” by Razteria
      “Kombine” by Georgia
      “Blame Game” by Favored Nations

Hope this helps!

2. cindy

Thank you very much, this helps a lot!

• Arthur Payne

Hello KRUA Radio. My name is Arthur E. Payne, co-owner of Kansas City, MO based independent label Dreamin’ Out Loud Entertainment. I would like to get information on how to provide a submission for review from our artist Kristin Rader from Cleveland, TN if indeed you do accept Inspirational/Pop music.
    Please advise.
    Arthur

1. Taylor Hodges

Hey Arthur. Feel free to send me an email at uaa_krua9@uaa.alaska.edu. Thanks for the interest.

• pete

i haven’t heard this song for awhile….it was a rap tune that you played this summer…something about ” got the whole world watchin’ something to prove, now i’m out here playing like there’s nothing to lose…game time…

1. Taylor Hodges

Sounds like you’re looking for “Game Time” by Pause. Solid tune, and thanks for listening!

• Steve

Can you tell me the song you just played before the PSA’s at around 2:20 p.m. today (9-15-15)? It was rap-style with sound effects. Thanks!

1. Taylor Hodges

“Spaceship Sunlight” by Silvertron Youth Choir is what you’re looking for. Solid album, I did a review on it (you can find it here http://www.kruaradio.org/silvertron-youth-choir-our-god-is-a-possum-god/ ).

• Nigola

What song played on 9/12/15 around 1:25 pm. Sounds like someone yelling over a 80’s video game, but in the best way possible :).

1. KRUA Music Manager

“Alice Practice” by Crystal Castles. Very accurate description by the way!

• Nate

Your station plays the greatest music Ive heard since I moved here from California. The next song I’m dying to learn the name of played at 7:33pm sept 11th. I’d be greatful for the name of this song thank you.

1. KRUA Music Manager

“There is Nothing Left” by the Drums, a killer track. Thank you so much for the kind words Nate, we do our best to give you the best music possible.

• james

lyrics: “i will try to fight” played at 7:37 this morning September 11th…Thanks!!!!

1. KRUA Music Manager

There were three songs that played around that time, I couldn’t match the lyrics to any of them.

“Just to Put Me Down” by Mac DeMarco
      “More…” by Wilco
      “Chop Chop” by Vundabar

Hope this helps!

• Nate

Lyrics- “I just wanted to love you”
    That’s all I can remember no time either was working when I overheard if on the radio in the background. I must know this song it’s eating me alive inside please. Dx

1. KRUA Music Manager

Sorry Nate, that’s a little to vague for me 🙁 If you hear it again, mark down the exact time and we can get it for you.

2. james

it was Chop by Vundabar, thank you so much!!!

• MS

Whoever was the DJ for the 4 o’clock hour this afternoon was great – The Decemberists, Radiohead, and Washed Out – so great! The only thing missing was Small Black, and I would’ve thought you stole my music player! No request – just wanted to say thanks!

1. KRUA Music Manager

Wow MS, thank you for the kind words. Comments like yours make our job so much easier!

• Ann

Hello! What’s the name of the song that played today (Sept. 8) between 5:30-6-15? Here are the lyrics that I remember: “Maybe I, maybe I’ll tell you while you sleep. Better yet, better yet, I’ll wake you in my dreams… I will wait under the starlight, for a sign that you’re alright, I don’t care if it’s all night, just a sign that you’re alright.” Thank you!

1. Taylor Hodges

“While You Sleep” by Glint, such a great song. Thanks for listening!

• James

Could you show me the songs that played Friday the 4th between 0745 and 0800…there was one that I really like but couldn’t find the lyrics to. Thank you!!

1. Taylor Hodges

Hi James. A nice variety of songs played at that time, and here they are:

“Debout” by Ariane Moffat
      “The Troubadour’s Green Room” by The Good Life
      “Church” by Ducktails
      “Yesterday’s Not Far Ahead” by Lucas James
      “St. Catherine” by Ducktails
      “In The Indian Ocean” by Swoop Swoop

Hope you find what you’re looking for!

1. James

Taylor,

Thanks for the help…I might have been getting the days mixed up between Thu and Fri…all I can remember is that the song had a very distinctive disco beat. Not much to go on I’m afraid!

• Wendy

Hello! What was the song this morning around 9:45, lyrics approx “Clap your hands, move your feet, shake your hips, do the twist. Upbeat bluesy sound. Loved it!!!! Must know who that was…

Please and thank you!
    WC

1. Taylor Hodges

Hi Wendy. It sounds like you are looking for “Get Up!” by The Nightowls, which is my favorite song off their new album. If you’re into that style of music, the album is called “Fame Sessions”. Let us know if you like it!

• Joel

I have been meaning to identify a song I love. My girlfriend said it just played at 7:35am on the 3rd. Thick, kind of Britpop bass.

I wonder if there is a system out there to automate this easily. We just moved from Denver and NPR has a music channel there called Open Air that auto-populates a searchable playlist. Back in the early 2000s there was a great indie station north of Cincinnati called WOXY, or 97X, that would post playlists in, I believe, PDF format once the hour was over. You could search the database and pull up any hour of any day. I assume that information is tracked for royalties anyway, so maybe there is a program that will auto-populate the info for the listeners. Just a thought. There has been a lot that I’ve greatly enjoyed on this station! Thank you!

1. Taylor Hodges

Hi Joel. Thanks for the feedback about the automatic song ID system, we’re looking to implement a system that works for us, but we haven’t found one yet. The song you are looking for is “Sweet Chris” by Ultimate Painting, I think. Enjoy!

• Jon

I heard this song about 8:45 pm tonight. It was a catchy pop rock song with female vocals. The chorus included “one in a million”.

1. Taylor Hodges

“Be (One In A Million)” by Jeen. Pretty nice song, I enjoy the whole album that the song is on. I hope you do too!

• Savanah

There was a song that came on around 1:45ish today, kinda psychedelic, stoner rock, male singer with soft voice… Must know the name of that band.

1. Taylor Hodges

Hey Savanah, sounds like you’re looking for “Sticky Hulks” by Thee Oh Sees. Let us know if that wasn’t it!

1. Savanah

That’s it! Thank you!

• Brian

Song ended at1:46pm on 8/27/15

Pretty hilarious lyrics. Good for a party fav

Thanks.

1. Taylor Hodges

Hi Brian. You might be looking for “What About Us?” by Handsome Furs. Thanks for listening!

• Charles Rice

What is the name of the song and the artist/s who you played at 16:23 ( approximately) on the twenty-sixth of August, 2015? ( the lead vocalist sounded like a young woman, and she sang of California, there was a punkish sound to the music).

1. Taylor Hodges

What’s up Charles. “California Nights” by Best Coast is definitely the song you’re searching for. Enjoy!

• Peter

Last night around 11pm-ish a song played I’ve been hearing the last week or two so I’m guessing it’s pretty new. It was about breaking up. I know, super specific. I can’t remember the details of the lyrics though. Any ideas?

• Kayla

Hey KRUA- looking for a song that played 8-ish pm on my drive home, the most memorable lyric was something like “singing for a spot on your record shelf”

1. KRUA Music Manager

Several songs played around that time, couldn’t quite match the lyrics but here are the songs:
      “The Moment” by Tame Impala
      “Maginot Lines” by Sister Girlfriend
      “The Troubadour’s Green Room” by The Good Life

Hope this helps!

• Michael Kennedy

What is the name of the song that was played at 9:05 pm 8/20/2015? It was the very first song after the break.
    please please please

1. KRUA Music Manager

Hi Michael, I think you’re looking for “St. Catherine” by Ducktails. It’s off their new album, glad you like it!

1. Michael Kennedy

ahhh, like quenching a thirst.
        Thank you!

• Clint

What is this song playing right now 11:39am friday?

1. KRUA Music Manager

Hey Clint, sorry it took so long to find your song. Sounds like you are looking for “This Guy” by Marc Payne. Hope this helps!

• Melanie

Hi. I was listening to KRUA yesterday while driving from the valley to Anchorage between about 5:15 and 6:15 on August 16. Most of the time it was a pretty good lineup, although I think most of the music was not new. I am trying to find a song that is fairly synth-poppy, and repeats the phrase “what about us?” quite a bit.

Thanks!!

1. KRUA Music Manager

I think you’re looking for “What About Us?” by Handsome Furs. Let us know if you hear it again!

• Clint

I heard this rapper on friday early morning i believe around 7. A big part of the lyrics were “this guy” any ideas who that rapper was ?

1. Clint

Heard the song again this morning. Or the tail end of it. Was at 6:40am wed august 19. Thanks!

• MS

Hi again! What song were you playing at 6:38pm today (Friday 8-14)? Thanks!

1. KRUA Music Manager

The two songs that played around that time are “Desert” by Pale Honey and “Railway Line” by Anthonie Tonnen. Enjoy!

• MS

What song did you just play -3:50p Sunday August 9? Wish you had a “playing now” or recently played page. :). Thank you!

1. KRUA Music Manager

Hi, MS. The two songs that played around that time were

“Another Story” by The Head and the Heart
      and
      “Dance to the Beat” by Hot as the Sun.

As for a “now playing” or “recently played”-page, we are working on finding technical solutions to do just that.

Thanks for listening!

• Valeria Mukhacheva

Hello, my dear Radio KRUA 88,1 FM.
    I’d like to ask you put a new song on your radio. The song “Oh, Paris’, marked as green track from tophit.ru with the singer – Brenda
    http://tophit.ru/tracks/view/65410 for my old friends. I’ll listen to the full song with pleasure as well.
    Thanks, Valeria.

1. Web Coordinator

Hi Valeria, we’ll take a listen to it. For future reference, music requests go to our Music Manager, at uaa_krua9@uaa.alaska.edu. Thanks!

• Adam

‘Thanks for the Sanctuary’ – female vocalist, would love to know the name of the song. Roughly 7:05 am 8/5/2015

Also, I miss the days when the KRUA website had a ‘recently played’ list. That was rad!

Thanks y’all

1. KRUA Music Manager

“Thx 4 the Sanctuary” by Soft Lions, amazing song. Glad you like it! I’ll see what we can do about the recently played ticker coming back.

• mike

son that played at 8:15-16 on 07/29/15

1. Taylor Hodges

“Crows” by Brett Gretzky was on at that time. Hope this helps!

• James King

Female vocals, popping drum beat around 10:50a-11:15a

“You’ve got that energy…” “Atomic bliss”

1. Taylor Hodges

Either “Desert” by Pale Honey or “Make It Spin” by Jessie Jones. If neither of those are right, let me know!

• Rita

Hey !

Can I possibly have the playlist starting from the Tame Impala song to now – 9 pm?
    Loved it, hit home…

Thx 🙂

1. Taylor Hodges

A whole hour of songs, here we go!

“Feels Like We Only Go Backwards” – Tame Impala
      “Thirteen Years Old” – Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside
      “War on War” – Wilco
      “Hamilton Road” – Ducktails
      “Flinton” – Gold Panda
      “The Setup” – Favored Nations
      “You Are A Runner And I Am My Father’s Son” – Wolf Parade

I hope you enjoy the playlist just as much the second time around!

• Taryl

Between 820 and 850pm, on monday, July 27th, it was the song right before that atmosphere song about a hangover…
    thanks!

1. Taylor Hodges

Hello Taryl. The song you’re looking for is called “Where There’s a Will There’s a Whalebone” by Islands. If that’s not it, let us know!

• Mike

You let me down, KRUA.

1. Web Coordinator

Hey Mike, we’re working on it. Will try to have someone go over the logs later this afternoon!

2. Taylor Hodges

Hey Mike, try “Love” by Allen Stone or “So Hot” by Apollo Cobra. Sorry for taking so long.

1. Mike

It’s “So Hot” by Apollo Cobra. Thank you, just made my night!

• Ed

What was the song and artist played very early Saturday, July 25 at 12:31 am? I didn’t catch any lyrics, but it was a nice, short song.

1. Taylor Hodges

“He Lays in the Reins” by Iron and Wine + Calexico was playing at 12:31 on July 25th. Hope this helps!

• Ian

Hey at around 6:50 am on the 22nd of July there was a folk/blues song played where the female vocalist dragged out her syllables in the chorus. could you help out?

1. Taylor Hodges

Sounds like you’re looking for “Thirteen Years Old” by Sallie Ford and The Sound Outside. Hope this helps, and enjoy!

• Rwb

7pm 7/25/15 long, slow, old metal song, kinda like uriah heap with keyboards and really pronounced drums.

1. Taylor Hodges

Our logs show “Flight” by Son Lux as the song that was playing at that time. Hope this helps!

1. Rwb

the one im looking for sounded like it came from someone doing a 1970ish sound, kinda like iron butterly, but there are no lyrics. tnx for the reply!

2. Rwb

Iron Butterfly sounding song, specificly, In-a-gadda-da- vida,, i’ve heard it on the station before but never caught the whole thing, so i dont believe there are any lyrics in the song im looking for, but same musical vibe.

3. KRUA Music Manager

Sticky Hulks by Thee Oh Sees is the closest I can get, if you hear it again don’t hesitate to ask!

• Mal

Oven feeling wobbly, real wobbly.
    Can’t find that song.

1. Mal

*I’ve been

1. Taylor Hodges

You’re looking for “Wobbly” by Ezra Furman off his new album “Perpetual Motion People”. Enjoy!

2. Web Coordinator

If Ezra Furman isn’t it, it might also be Red Dust by Calexico/Iron & Wine.

• Mike

You played a song with the lyrics “I’d never give you up, never going to give you up” Sounded like old soul/groove music like earth wind and fire or something but sounded modern.. NOT RICK ASTLEY played around 9:00AM 7/23

1. KRUA 88.1 FM

Hey Mike! Thought we were getting Rick Roll’d for a second there! I was not able to pinpoint the track based off of those lyrics, but I can tell you what we played around that time and hopefully you’ll be able to recognize it after checking them out:

“Ride” by Twenty One Pilots
      “Shine On Harvest Moon” by The Roamin’ Jasmine
      “Shankill Butchers” by The Decemberists
      “Everything in its Right Place” by Radiohead
      “Two Weeks” by Grizzly Bear

Let me know if this helps!

1. Mike

None of those! 🙁

2. Mike

Could you post a broader range? I’d really like to find that song!

• Ashley Pankowski

Who was the artist that you played July 23rd at 6:48am? It played right before a hip hop song.

1. KRUA 88.1 FM

Hi Ashley! We believe the artist/song you are referring to is “God Forbid” by Vinnie Ferra. Hope this helps! Thanks for listening!!

• Alex

Song playing today, July the 22nd, at 11:46am?

1. KRUA 88.1 FM

Hi Alex! The song you are looking for may either be “In For The Kill” by Shamir, or “God Forbid” by Vinnie Ferra. Hope this helps!

• Sarah Kirk

Tuesday, July 21, about 12:20-12:25 pm you played a rap song. The three kids I was driving home from soccer practice went crazy and would like to know what the song was. Can you help me?

Thanks!

1. KRUA 88.1 FM

Sorry for the late reply Sarah. We believe the song you are looking for is “Right Now” by Shaheed & DJ Supreme!

• Joel

Song played July 13th at 5:37-5:40 pm

• Karena Sandvik

I was hoping if you could list some of the rap artists you guys have on rotation. This song is haunting me and I usually don’t have much trouble finding songs online, however, i have 2 parameters and one is a play on lyrics from”Rappers Delight”. You can imagine how many people have sampled it. Even just 2 or 3 could possibly point me in the right sub-genre. I’m not even a big fan of hip-hop. My favorite band is Modest Mouse. I love metal. This freaking song is firmly rooted and I’ll will find it if it takes 2 years. Sorry for the long winded blather. Thanks for your awesome station. Your the only music station I listen to. Keep up the great work!!!

• jessica

what was the set song list between 5:45p.m and 6:30p.m?

1. Web Coordinator

6:19 Keep the Car Running by Arcade Fire
      6:23 Pull Me In by Paper Lions
      2:26 It All Feels Right
      6:30 Retrograde by James Blake

Hope this helps!!

• Karena Sandvik

Good evening, I’m not sure if my earlier post was submitted so I’m re-posting. The song was that good. Well there were 2 actually. Around 11:15 am – 12ish,rap song, I think the chorus was game or a gang time. You look good with the party on your dress is another lyric I remember. The other one was folk-y, I’d follow you ,change my life. That’s all I can remember. That rap
    one has lodged itself in my brain and I’m gonna go crazy if I can’t hear it soon. I’d be thrilled if you could just send me the playlist. Please help. I would be ever so grateful.

1. Marketing Coordinator

Hi Karena! We’ve been trying to find these songs for you, but it looks like they’re too far back in our archive for us to see what was played. Sorry! Please let us know if you hear it again!